Thursday, October 25, 2012

AFTER-DARK STYLE


Ah yes, Gianvito Rossi hit the nail on the head with that quote, though it could be interpreted in many ways I'm sure. For me, the love I feel is not for a person but for the feeling I get while galavanting into the night in my favorite pair of heels.
Heels make me feel strong. Heels make me feel sexy. Heels make me feel confident. 

On that note, let me formally introduce my favorite pair of heels- my Zara thin strap sandals (that I studded as a DIY project you can view here). We've traveled across the country and had many wonderful experiences together. This particular outfit post was inspired by Stuart Weitzman's "Walking After Midnight" campaign video, I wore it to a fanciful dinner and a night out on the town last week. It is very exemplary of my usual 
after-dark style. The dress is sweet and sophisticated with the long sleeves and full skirt, yet has a touch of sex appeal with the see through lace bodice. The heels and the NastyGal clutch add a little edge with the awesome studs and spikes.
I may have felt a little out of place at this dinner since I am pretty laid back and not too comfortable in super "fancy" settings, but I'm glad I had my most adored shoesies to help me stand tall and feel confident no matter what! 

+ Zara lace dress and self studded sandals, Vintage belt and rings, NastyGal Crystal Skull clutch, Spitfire sunglasses

No comments :

Post a Comment